SBA Press Release.
WASHINGTON – On May 13, U.S. Small Business Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman and the executive board of the National Association of Hispanic Publications met at a virtual roundtable. The group discussed the priorities of the Biden – Harris Administration and the equity focus on economic aid made possible by the American Rescue Plan Act, especially those in underserved communities.
“As the first Latina in President Biden’s Cabinet, I’ve made outreach to my Hispanic familia one of my key priorities,” said SBA Administrator Guzman. “Your partnership is vital in that effort – the Hispanic media has a long history of telling the story of our nation’s Hispanic community – the whole story in its complexity and nuance – because Hispanic media is produced by, for, and about Hispanics and our communities.”
“The SBA has services and programs to help businesses access capital, markets, and networks at every stage of growth. I look forward to our conversation about how we can work together to get the word out about our programs … and how we can develop long-standing relationships that will help us better serve the Hispanic community.”
The SBA and the National Association of Hispanic Publications agreed that this is the first in a series of ongoing conversations and engagement to collaborate on disseminating program information to Hispanic business communities.
Just like the resilience of the American people is what makes our Democracy, the resilience of our small business communities is what strengthens our nation’s economy.
Roundtable Participants included:
- U.S. Small BusinessAdministrator Isabella Casillas Guzman
- Victoria Guerrero, South Florida District Director & Moderator
- Fanny Miller, CEO & President of Latina and Associates
- Alvaro Gurdian, Vice President of Operations at La Noticia
- Evelyn Castro, Vice President of Operations at La Prensa
- Javier Marin, Founder and CEO of El Tiempo
- Miriam Lira Hickerson, Publisher, Life Affairs Publications
- Clemente Nicado, Publisher of Chicago Hispano